Monday 13 February 2012

Nailing it

Today, I embarked on a journey of no return.

Ladies and gentlemen, I bought my first ever bottle of nail polish.

I know right, how is it possible for someone who has such an unhealthy obsession with all things makeup-related - so much so that she never goes home without a new lipgloss - not to own a single lacquer?

It is therefore my sincere belief that this purchase was long past due. I know, you are going to tell me that this decision is not without grave consequences: now that I own my first polish, there is no stopping me from becoming a mani-ac (punny!) who insist their twenty-five bottles of black varnishes are, in fact, different shades and variations of charcoal and ebony. To counter this line of thought, I would like to point out the medical faculty condemns anyone wearing bright nails in the wards, and this alone should empirically stem any potential obsession with buying too many polishes.

...or did I just give myself the excuse to buy myself a collection of creams, ivories, baby pinks and other 'work-appropriate' colours? Zeus totally knew that Pandora would open that box of evils.


1 comment:

  1. i bought mascara recently. me being a person with a profile picture caked with makeup, it was my first makeup purchase aside from a pasty tube of concealer i bought frantically to try to cover up a monstrous hickey. but that was so two years ago, and now i realize i can't use mascara because i have the asian monolid.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - each one gives me one less excuse to slack with the posting (: