Thursday 5 April 2012

(Pitter-)patter

For those tucked cosily indoors and watching raindrops slide off window panes, the city's been cast a lovely shade of dove grey today; but for those scrambling for cover in a once-white-now-see-through shirt and no umbrella, the streets are wet and murky, and would it please stop fucking raining?

Guess which situation I was in this afternoon.

There are many things in this world that are not fully backed by science, and that we, as future graduates of MBBS, often will ourselves not to believe in even when they hold true for most part - things like Chinese Medicine, karma, and the fact that the shitty weather on the day of final MB results being released could be a bad omen. Luckily, superstitions sometimes do tassel out into nothing, because all I have received today is good news of my friends winning their one-way tickets to slavery in the HA.

Three years ago, I didn't think I'd ever be able to muster any happiness for the recent class of graduates - after all, I would've been one of them if I didn't flunk my exams twice - but instead of being foreverbitter, I'm so genuinely proud and glad for all of you: please be nice to me when it's my turn to become a houseman - I am readily willing to offer cupcake bribes. There are still plenty of sailings for those who missed the first boat, and if anyone slips a twice, just know that everything passes with time. Except for stools in patients on long-term opioids.

Rainy days make for (mostly) pensive musings.


1 comment:

  1. tell me about it. i'm always caught wearing flip flops in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - each one gives me one less excuse to slack with the posting (: